December 24, 2008

favorites

Chris Farley by Chris Buck from A Photo Editor

One of my few favorite portrait photographers, Chris Buck, gets interviewed on A Photo Editor. Chris talks about how living with your parents is good for your career while assisting isn't. Also how to work with publicists and his 10 year old lists of ideas.

Interview part 1.
Interview part 2.

+++






photos by Alec Soth

Another favorite, Alec Soth's last project commemorates the end of the George W. Bush era. This is just me but I feel that The Last Days Of W isn't as strong as his older work. It might be because I feel some fatigue for what seems to be the visual contemporization of conservative, anonymous, middle-America. But I don't doubt that it's very personal work for Soth, whose rise as photographer coincided with the years of W's presidency.

Alec Soth talks more about this body of work on PDN. The "Either Dusk or Dawn" interview is here.

No comments: