
Speaking of treasure troves, American Suburb X, also by Doug Rickard (of earlier mentioned American Family X), is a curious collection of essays, interviews and photos. It's mostly photography, but not always. As evidenced by this reprint of an interview with my favorite painter, Edward Hopper. Not surprising, I have hunch Hopper is the great-granddaddy of all color photographers.
Anyway, the site is so dense, it will take me many idle days to get through the whole thing. Very daunting, but I suppose it will be very worth it if it's filled with things like these:
Narrative/essay for Todd Hido's Ohio.
Reprint of a Philip-Lorca diCorcia interview for his series, Hustlers.
Reprint of an essay on William Eggleston.
The joy.
Anyway, the site is so dense, it will take me many idle days to get through the whole thing. Very daunting, but I suppose it will be very worth it if it's filled with things like these:
Narrative/essay for Todd Hido's Ohio.
Reprint of a Philip-Lorca diCorcia interview for his series, Hustlers.
Reprint of an essay on William Eggleston.
The joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment