

I haven't mentioned that for almost the whole of last week, I was in Las Vegas and L.A. on assignment. Before anyone thinks this was a high-paying, high-living gig, I'll tell you now, it wasn't.In the span of the first 48 hours after landing in Vegas, I had to cover Manny Pacquiao's post-fight concert, Manny's victory mass, and a Wowowee episode, then travel to L.A. by land to shoot Manny and Jinkee's house. And during all that, I had to be on my toes just in case we spotted Krista.
It was also ironic that I was in Vegas during the Pacquiao-Cotto fight, but only to see the last round from standing outside a sports bar, the whole freakin' Strip between me and a soundless large screen TV showing Kenny Bayless waiving off the fight. Irony was taken up a notch the next day when I had front row seats at the Wowowee episode being shot in Vegas. I was there, shooting, and making the most of my great view of Willie R's crotch.
It's been years since I've done press coverage and even then it was never this showbiz/gossip stuff. Seriously, for awhile there, I was depressed. But it was also all so surreal and I appreciate the value of that.
And, erm, photos will come out in the January-February issue of YES Magazine, out in the stands by mid-December.
2 comments:
Sooooo, did you see Krista??
P.S. The Star Trek photos - are those from the Hilton? We stayed there when I was in Vegas for work. They have Star Trek themed weddings!
Krista was nowhere in sight, but was reportedly booked at the Luxor, right across Mandalay :D
Star Trek photos were from an exhibit at the Kodak Theater in LA na!
Post a Comment