December 29, 2011

Laguna Loop

C5, 4:30AM meet time

Pila Laguna, probably 60 km later

L-R: Jof, Dennis, Gary - who reconned this route 2 days before

Greg and Art, the guys who wouldn't leave me behind

Lunch venue

Started climbing to the town of Mabitac. Gave up, climbed into support vehicle soon after.

Pre-mature recovery meal. Note my own bite mark before thinking of taking a photo.
Quick flat fix.

Been taking advantage of this gap between Christmas and New Year to get some kilometers in.

This Laguna ride was two days ago. Had I completed it, I would biked 180++ kilometers for around 8 or 9 hours. I gave up on the climb, which came at kilometer 114. But got on again for an awesome downhill run. Felt dirty finding pleasure in something I didn't completely work for, but no judgement from this group, haha.

It's a great bunch, and I feel lucky to have been invited on this ride that allowed me to see Laguna, and the bay, in another way. It's been a couple of days and I'm still thinking about the whole thing, and about how, only half a year ago, I would have never thought of doing all this.

I'm really happy. Haha.

No comments: