February 7, 2009

injury

I did a bit of iPod housekeeping today. It was time. Out went Bruce Springsteen's Magic, and the whole lot of Mates of State. Some Arcade Fire, Sigur Ros stuff went out too. That made room for the soundtrack of Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Ramon's downloadable playlist, a couple of songs from The Temper Trap (thanks Donna!) and The Frightened Rabbit's The Midnight Organ Flight.

+++

Last week, at my out-of-town shoot, I slept in the car in bad way and strained my neck. I have my full range of motion, but for awhile there was an acute pain whenever I'd turn my head or tilt it up and down. Now, it's a dull pain. And my neck still hellishly stiffens up when I sleep. Morning's are literally a pain in the neck.

So you know me during the rare times I'm unwell. I get really depressed, thinking the worst, and getting depressed over that. I feel like I have tumor in my neck/spine or something, or maybe I've broken it. I hate this feeling.

So I did the sensible thing. I went out and bought myself a new book and a pair of New Balance sneaks. The girls are on to something here.

(NB U410Bl, but in black, not this purplish one)

Watching Marley and Me didn't help either. I'm not really an animal movie watcher, but this one also had Jennifer Aniston's legs in it, and I've always felt some sympathy for Owen Wilson. The movie was actually solid, if not a bit heavy in the end. Who would've thunk.

2 comments:

Barry said...

Deleting Arcade Fire? Are you crazy?

Somehow, I'm faced with the same dilemma, even if I have two iPods. Yesterday, I was thinking if I was to delete the entire Beatles catalog, which should free up a good 1 gig or so. But I remembered it was against my religion, so hindi nalang.

mignac said...

Some songs lang, yung parang bootleg yung quality. I kept all the albums and EP even! Jesus.

Yeah I'd think something was seriously wrong with you if you went atheist on the Beatles.