I've been busy lately.
Finishing off Season 4 of The Wire. I love this show. Every time they kill off one of the main guys, I get torn up inside. After seeing Generation Kill, I see a common theme among these David Simmons/Ed Burns-produced shows: It doesn't matter if you're a player on the street, the police, or an infantry man. You'll always be a good guy. It's the bosses who are mostly fucked up.
Anyway, I like this show about a city I've never been to.
I've also been busy finishing my second reading of Chabon's Kavalier and Clay. It's even brillianter this second time around. But I always get a little bit impatient reading the last hundred pages and I rush it. I guess that means that, around a year from now, I'll re-read it again.
Anyway, hat tip to to the blog, Slightly Lucid, for directing me to photographer, Estan Cabigas. His series, Non Places, with it's color and negative space, is pretty good.
Finishing off Season 4 of The Wire. I love this show. Every time they kill off one of the main guys, I get torn up inside. After seeing Generation Kill, I see a common theme among these David Simmons/Ed Burns-produced shows: It doesn't matter if you're a player on the street, the police, or an infantry man. You'll always be a good guy. It's the bosses who are mostly fucked up.
Anyway, I like this show about a city I've never been to.
I've also been busy finishing my second reading of Chabon's Kavalier and Clay. It's even brillianter this second time around. But I always get a little bit impatient reading the last hundred pages and I rush it. I guess that means that, around a year from now, I'll re-read it again.
+++
Anyway, hat tip to to the blog, Slightly Lucid, for directing me to photographer, Estan Cabigas. His series, Non Places, with it's color and negative space, is pretty good.
No comments:
Post a Comment