I saw Zack and Miri Make A Porno before Christmas and I liked it enough to pass on poker last night to sit through another go at this sweet and tender movie. Sweet and tender aren't words I'll usually attach a movie about making an adult movie, but Kevin Smith knows how to squeeze some heart out of the banality of malls, comics, and the mind-numbing day job. So what's getting a little warm, fuzzy feeling out of a porno?
Also, I could sort of relate to a lot of things in the movie. There's Zack (Seth Rogen), not quite a fine specimen of man, yet attempts finds his place in this world... making a porno in a coffee shop. Well, I didn't make a porno, and while the idea is suddenly appealing, I kinda knows what it feels like when Zack has to come with something to shoot, when he has co-workers who look up to him to make decisions, when he wonders if anything he's doing is actually worth it because he just want something better out of life.
Haha. Anyway, so there. Oh, and Elizabeth Banks is cute, Craig Robinson (Darryl from The Office) is funny, and Justin Long has an awesome cameo.
Also, I could sort of relate to a lot of things in the movie. There's Zack (Seth Rogen), not quite a fine specimen of man, yet attempts finds his place in this world... making a porno in a coffee shop. Well, I didn't make a porno, and while the idea is suddenly appealing, I kinda knows what it feels like when Zack has to come with something to shoot, when he has co-workers who look up to him to make decisions, when he wonders if anything he's doing is actually worth it because he just want something better out of life.
Haha. Anyway, so there. Oh, and Elizabeth Banks is cute, Craig Robinson (Darryl from The Office) is funny, and Justin Long has an awesome cameo.

No comments:
Post a Comment