Two of my favorite people married at sunset yesterday.
I remember when I flew to Singapore to catch a band in ’06, Kara got left behind because of some passport issue, and Pia and I flew ahead. We were staying with their friends, people I hardly knew then. I knew I’d be all right because Pia and I talked during the whole flight, much to the annoyance of the old man seated in front of us. We talked about the need for personal projects, the benefits of living a part of your young life abroad, and the coolness of kids growing up in another culture. It was easy.
Dino was just, "this guy," in that conversation. Then when she and Dino finally got together, I was really happy that I could talk to someone about the Star Wars Expanded Universe and displaced 80’s music.
It was a really nice wedding, complete with a photographer running into the wind chimes in an untimely moment, and the priest getting lost in his script. I think it was cool compared to a lot of these staged, ultra-managed wedding events.
Also, after the wedding and after dinner, it was like were all just hanging out, making silly jokes. Just like the times before they were married, and we'd go to the movies, get quiet dinners, or talk in the Salcedo parking lot after patintero.
I remember when I flew to Singapore to catch a band in ’06, Kara got left behind because of some passport issue, and Pia and I flew ahead. We were staying with their friends, people I hardly knew then. I knew I’d be all right because Pia and I talked during the whole flight, much to the annoyance of the old man seated in front of us. We talked about the need for personal projects, the benefits of living a part of your young life abroad, and the coolness of kids growing up in another culture. It was easy.
Dino was just, "this guy," in that conversation. Then when she and Dino finally got together, I was really happy that I could talk to someone about the Star Wars Expanded Universe and displaced 80’s music.
It was a really nice wedding, complete with a photographer running into the wind chimes in an untimely moment, and the priest getting lost in his script. I think it was cool compared to a lot of these staged, ultra-managed wedding events.
Also, after the wedding and after dinner, it was like were all just hanging out, making silly jokes. Just like the times before they were married, and we'd go to the movies, get quiet dinners, or talk in the Salcedo parking lot after patintero.

No comments:
Post a Comment