I had a memorable trip to Batanes late last year. It was pretty much dark, mood weather for the most part of the five day stay. That was difficult for the travel and fashion feature we were shooting, but totally awesome for the stuff I like shooting for myself. Except that in my excitement, I dropped my medium format rangefinder (6x7). Instead of showing a single frame that corresponds to the mounted lens, it was showing two sets of semi-visible frames.. It was like some screw was knocked halfway loose somewhere in there. I was annoyed as hell. But I shot anyway, in that wonderfully foul weather, guessing that the smaller of the frames might to be the right one.
I got a roll back from the lab today. Half of the shots were from Batanes, half were from the tests I did to check for right framing and focus. I looked at the scanned files and saw my photos in perfect square format.
Good god, I turned my 6x7 camera into a square format! I checked the negs and saw that the lab just scanned it wrong. They cropped off a half a centimeter or so off both sides when they scanned my 6x7 negs.
Except now the images are really soft. So shit.
I got a roll back from the lab today. Half of the shots were from Batanes, half were from the tests I did to check for right framing and focus. I looked at the scanned files and saw my photos in perfect square format.
Good god, I turned my 6x7 camera into a square format! I checked the negs and saw that the lab just scanned it wrong. They cropped off a half a centimeter or so off both sides when they scanned my 6x7 negs.
Except now the images are really soft. So shit.

No comments:
Post a Comment