I don't think I've spent this much time in front of the TV since... forever. Here's a list of what I stayed on to watch today:
1. The Pacers-Hawks game. Hawks are a good enough East team to make the playoffs again and easily handled the Pacers. But I have to say, TJ Ford is fearless.
2. The Pistons-Raptors game. Ever since Rip Hamilton was moved back to the starting spot he's always deserved, my Pistons have been winning again. That Antonio McDyess is playing like a 24-year old again is another huge factor. Good game, went into OT, with Detroit finally closing out the slumping Raptors.
3. The Benchwarmers. Rob Schneider movie, ugh, but about Little League, so cute.
4. Ghostbusters. Bill Murray, the 80s, Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man thrashing New York! Yeah!
5. Over Her Dead Body. I was bored and so was Paul Rudd making this movie, I bet.
6. Glory. Matthew Broderick, Morgan Freeman and Denzel are in this Civil War movie. For some weird reason, my brother and I love this movie, even if it feels a bit melodramatic now. But you gotta love the speeches about equality and freedom, and the operatic soundtrack. I think we even have it on video library, in VHS format. We've seen it so many times, we can recite the lines, and I still tear up in the same scenes. Watching it now as I type this. Hold on, they're about to attack Fort Wagner.
1. The Pacers-Hawks game. Hawks are a good enough East team to make the playoffs again and easily handled the Pacers. But I have to say, TJ Ford is fearless.
2. The Pistons-Raptors game. Ever since Rip Hamilton was moved back to the starting spot he's always deserved, my Pistons have been winning again. That Antonio McDyess is playing like a 24-year old again is another huge factor. Good game, went into OT, with Detroit finally closing out the slumping Raptors.
3. The Benchwarmers. Rob Schneider movie, ugh, but about Little League, so cute.
4. Ghostbusters. Bill Murray, the 80s, Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man thrashing New York! Yeah!
5. Over Her Dead Body. I was bored and so was Paul Rudd making this movie, I bet.
6. Glory. Matthew Broderick, Morgan Freeman and Denzel are in this Civil War movie. For some weird reason, my brother and I love this movie, even if it feels a bit melodramatic now. But you gotta love the speeches about equality and freedom, and the operatic soundtrack. I think we even have it on video library, in VHS format. We've seen it so many times, we can recite the lines, and I still tear up in the same scenes. Watching it now as I type this. Hold on, they're about to attack Fort Wagner.
No comments:
Post a Comment