I finally got to get out today. Around noon, I delivered to a friend nearby some of the t-shirts she wanted. Then I went on my way to get a Chinese lunch and a much-needed haircut. I was in light traffic, waiting in line to make a turn. I was really feeling better. When I get sick, I can get really down. And the past days of spiking fever, painful nodes, and soft food, - it was just going really bad for me.
It was good to finally get out, to be driving myself - despite what seems to be bruised bone somewhere in my left foot. I don't know how I injured it. I must've kicked something in my feverish sleep, and now I'm limping.
But, uncharacteristically, I was okay with that. Just another thing going on in the slow breakdown of my body. Another sign of the inevitability of an end. But also another reason to seize the moment. Yup, that's how I took it. No use getting down. I was just really glad to get out, to get back in my groove, see my friends, get back to work, albeit with a pill box full of antibiotics and vitamins.
Yeah, so back to being in my car, and in line to make a turn. I was feeling good, knowing there was life to enjoy and that I could tap into its infinite potential. It was such a moment, even my iPod was cooperating. It played the intro to an Ang Bandang Shirley song. I was doing my little hipster jiggling sway in the car (heavy tint helps), singing along:
It was good to finally get out, to be driving myself - despite what seems to be bruised bone somewhere in my left foot. I don't know how I injured it. I must've kicked something in my feverish sleep, and now I'm limping.
But, uncharacteristically, I was okay with that. Just another thing going on in the slow breakdown of my body. Another sign of the inevitability of an end. But also another reason to seize the moment. Yup, that's how I took it. No use getting down. I was just really glad to get out, to get back in my groove, see my friends, get back to work, albeit with a pill box full of antibiotics and vitamins.
Yeah, so back to being in my car, and in line to make a turn. I was feeling good, knowing there was life to enjoy and that I could tap into its infinite potential. It was such a moment, even my iPod was cooperating. It played the intro to an Ang Bandang Shirley song. I was doing my little hipster jiggling sway in the car (heavy tint helps), singing along:
Maari ba kitang masayawThen my foot slipped the clutch, I was in gear, and I stalled the car.
o di kaya kahit
upo lang muna tayo
habang inaantay
yung ating magiging...
5 comments:
themesong!
sorry, sorry. unwarranted!
glad you're up and about. :)
Check it, check it:
Muzak: Shirley
Can't wait for new designs to come out! And it's good to hear you're feeling better :)
good job pao, haha.
donna! wow! is she your friend? i wonder who sold it to her. it wasn't me. lol.
yeah, she's my friend. she bought it daw at route 196. commission ko? haha
cool find! natuwa naman ako don.
miguel, new designs daw. oooohhh... pressure. hahahaha
Post a Comment