I began this blog over a year ago because I had a then untitled short film I wanted to make. Well, I got it done: I wrote it, directed it, and screened it for friends and family, and somewhere in that time line, I figured out a title.
TRAINING, along with some trips and a certain reunion concert, was a highlight of 2008. I'm so thankful I got it done. I loved the experience of making it and the people I made it with are a big part of my life. Thanks, all of you.
The transition from 2008 to 2009 wasn't as smooth as I wanted. I've come to have mixed feelings about some of my relationships. In the garish lights of the holidays, the inadequacies are ever more glaring. Maybe it's just the holiday blues, but things are always a changing and in some things, I better be changing myself. I'll work it out, no worries.
More seriously, in the past couple of days, I've learned that bad things happened or are happening to people I love. I don't really know what to say about these things. This too, I'm still working out. But I want to say that I love you all, and I just want you to be all right. Somehow I don't say that enough, and I'm changing that.
I'm here now. New obsessions or not, throughout all the adventure and the uncertainty, in the euphoria of pleasure or in the depths of sorrow, I want to keep going. I owned you, 2008. 2009, you're next.
5 comments:
hi mignac! i linked to your blog. i hope that's okay. :)
i linked it at www.thesecuriousdays.com by the way
Funny. The last lines of this post remind me of Rapho when he looks at food on the table: "You're gonna DIE, waffle!" (demolishes the waffle)
"Donut, you're next!"
sure neva! but where/what is thesecuriousdays.com? :)
anya, aww raph is hilarious. i still have his gift btw. haha. olats ninong.
well, we had to change DNS settings kasi we have a host na so it will probably be up tomorrow. temporarily, check out curiousdays.wordpress.com
it's an "anonymous" blog project that ramon and i thought of. my brothers are in on it too. so hopefully it will be fun and crazy hehe
Post a Comment